Simple Five Minute Warmup
Suitable for all kids from the age of 10 (for younger kids I recommend the “herding cats” approach). Stu Horyna, 15 October 2013.
- Working with a 10m x 10m square:
- One lap walk around the square
- Two laps jog around the square
- Line along one perimeter:
- Butt kicks to other end and back
- High knees to other end and back
- Lunges to other end and back (focus on straight backs and not leaning too far forwards)
- Karaoke to other end and back
- Knuckle drag to other end
- Working inside the square – two teams keepings off (foot or hand passing). Rules:
- Cannot move with the ball
- Cannot push players
- Must pass ball within 2 seconds
- Any other variation you want to throw in
- Team one on one perimeter, team two opposite.
- Kick pass from static position.